Public Speaking for Sales
Saylor Academy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. The Academy was established in 1999 by Michael J. Saylor because he had a very simple, very earnest, and very bold idea: Education should be free. We believe that barriers of cost, time, and geography should not stand in the way of access to higher education or quality, effective credentials. Saylor Academy courses are provided via a CC BY 3.0 license.
This course is designed to help you learn about the professional sales occupation. Not only will you be introduced to the wide range of sales positions that are available in the workforce, you will also be asked to develop your own sales presentation. Successful completion of this course should assist you in determining whether a career in sales is suited for you. If you believe you can become a successful sales professional, this course will also help you determine the type of sales position you should seek. Last, you will gain valuable insight into how sales professionals are typically managed in terms of compensation and motivational approaches.
This course is part of the Career Advancement track of Saylor.org Academy's Professional Development Program (PRDV).
What will I learn
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- distinguish between different types of sales professions;
- explain how sales professionals are typically compensated;
- recognize ethical and unethical sales behaviors;
- explain how the process of prospecting for clients works;
- identify the typical parts of a standard sales presentation;
- develop a persuasive sales presentation; and
- explain the function of a sales team;
How should I prepare
In order to take this course, you should:
- have the ability/permission to install plug-ins or software;
- have the ability to download and save files and documents to a computer;
- have the ability to open Microsoft files and documents (.doc, .ppt, .xls, etc.).